If you’re on the fence about buying a wipe warmer or find them too expensive, you’ll find baby-safe ways to warm-up your baby wipes without one in this blog post. Let’s get to it!
How to Warm Up Baby Wipes Without a Warmer?
Wipe warmers may save you time, but they can be pricey. Here are a couple simple, cost-efficient ways to warm up wipes without a warmer:
- Make sure your hands are clean. Rub your baby wipes between your hands so that they’re not too warm and just the right temperature.
- Use a hair dryer. Hold the wipes in front of the airflow for a couple seconds till they warm to a temperature that’s safe for your baby’s delicate skin.
Can You Use a Microwave?
Yes, you can put your baby wipes in the microwave, but proceed with caution. When heating up your wipes, you want to put at least three into a sealed Ziploc bag.
Please remember to check the temperature after a couple seconds so you don’t hurt your baby or melt the wipes.
Wipe Warmers: Pros and Cons
For some parents, wipe warmers can be a real asset to their diaper changing routine. For others, wipe warmers are unnecessary. No two families are the same!
Here are the over pros and cons wipe warmers:
Wipe Warmer Pros
- Wipe warmers can save you time.
- They make using wipes more comfortable for the little one.
- Wipe warmers keep wipes from drying out (usually due to a sponge at the bottom of conventional warmers).
Wipe Warmer Cons
- Some models that cost a pretty penny, putting you out a few bucks.
- Some babies don’t need their wipes to be warm. Room temperature is more than enough.
- Wipe warmers can accidentally overheat and scalding wipes can potentially burn your baby.
- Depending on the temperature you keep your wipe warmer at, it can dry out your wipes.
- A closed wipe warmer is a perfect place for bacteria to breed due to the temperature and moisture.
Wipe Warmers: Key Takeaways
Wipe warmers can make a big difference in comforting your little one on the change table, but they aren’t essential to keeping your child healthy and happy. That said, having one around is a convenient luxury!