Transparency – We strive to tell our customers as much information as we can
[content from previous page as well? https://ecopeaco.com/pages/transparency]
- We will put all ingredients on pack, including all fragrance components, so you know what is in the products
- We will maximize plant and mineral content in our products, taking health and safety and performance into consideration. What this means is that whenever possible we will use a natural source, but there are times when this is not in the best interest of the product. An example of this would be the use of spandex, non-woven polyamide tape in our diapers, which is non-biobased, to ensure that the diapers hold together and prevent leaking.
- SmartLabel – Although we will put as much information as possible on our products labels, sometimes due to label size, we just can’t put everything on there. To provide you with more information, we will utilize a SmartLabel QR code to link you to all relevant information about the product.
Packaging – We strive to make products that are convenient for you, and conscientious of the planet
- All rigid plastic containers will be made with Post-Consumer Recycled (PCR) Resin so that we are not creating the need for “new plastic”. 100% PCR means the entire bottle was made from plastic that has previously been recycled.
- All packaging decisions are made taking use and source equally into consideration.
- To help consumers understand packaging recyclability, we are working with How2Recycle to provide specific information on the recyclability of all packaging. All new packaging will include How2Recycle logos with instructions for package disposal. All existing packaging will have the How2Recycle logo added to their labels when we update our packaging (do you want to add a data to this?).
Accountability & Certifications
We don’t ask you to just take our word for it. Third party certifying bodies and testing facilities are used to confirm many of the claims we are making.
- Leaping Bunny (not tested on animals)
Since 1996, the Leaping Bunny Program, operated by the Coalition for Consumer Information on Cosmetics in the US and Canada, has been connecting compassionate consumers to cruelty-free companies under its Corporate Standard of Compassion for Animals. Companies must pledge to end animal testing at all stages of product development in addition to recommitting to the program annually and being open to third party audits. (www.leapingbunny.org)
- Vegan Action (no animal derived ingredients, no testing on animals)
After 22 years, it has become the most trusted and best-recognized vegan logo. The Certified Vegan logo is a registered trademark for products that do not contain animal products or by-products and that have not been tested on animals. (www.vegan.org)
- USDA Certified Bio-preferred (% carbon in product from renewable resources)
The USDA Certified Biobased Product label, displayed on a product certified by USDA, is designed to provide useful information to consumers about the biobased content of the product. (www.biopreferred.gov)
- EWG Verified
The EWG VERIFIED™ mark on a product, you can be sure it's free from EWG's chemicals of concern and meets our strictest standards for your health. (www.ewg.org/ewgverified)
- How 2 Recycle
How2Recycle is a standardized labeling system that clearly communicates recycling instructions to the public. It involves a coalition of forward-thinking brands who want their packaging to be recycled and are empowering consumers through smart packaging labels. (www.how2recycle.info)
SmartLabel® gives you easy and instantaneous access to detailed information about thousands of food, beverage, personal care, household and pet care products. (www.smartlabel.org)
The Forest Stewardship Council is an international non-profit, multistakeholder organization established in 1993 that promotes responsible management of the world's forests. FSC uses their expertise to promote the responsible management of the world’s forests, bringing together experts from the environmental, economic and social spheres.
ECOCERT is an organic certification organization, founded in France in 1991. It is based out of Europe but conducts inspections in over 80 countries.
Giving Back - Partnering with others for the benefit of all
1% for the planet
1% for the Planet is a global movement inspiring businesses and individuals to support environmental solutions through annual memberships and everyday actions. We advise on giving strategies, we certify donations, and we amplify the impact of our network. (www.onepercentfortheplanet.org)
Sustainable Packaging Coalition
The Sustainable Packaging Coalition is a membership-based collaborative that believes in the power of industry to make packaging more sustainable. As the leading voice on sustainable packaging, we are passionate about creating packaging that is good for people and good for the environment.
Carbon Offset Shipping
We offset the carbon on all deliveries to customers. In total, we've remove thousands of kg of shipping emissions - enough to...
- charge over 500,000 smart phones
- ~20,000 km² of forests protected
- 5000+ tree seedlings protected